Large Truck and Semi-Truck Accidents
The Truth About Truck Accidents
The attorneys of Stolpman, Krissman, Elber & Silver, LLP, have the experience and resources to succeed in challenging cases involving truck accidents. We have a proven record of success in achieving large verdicts and settlements in truck accident litigation.
The truth about semi truck accidents is that they:
- Cause fatalities and extremely serious injuries: In California in 2007, large trucks were involved in 361 fatal accidents. Because of the physics involved, accidents involving large trucks are apt to cause life-altering injuries, such as brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Often involve multiple sources of financial compensation: Including the truck driver, the owner of the tractor, the owner of the trailer, the maintenance shop, the warehouse that loaded the truck as well as the truck manufacturer and the maker of the tires or other defective vehicle components that may have caused or contributed to the accident.
- Are vigorously defended by insurance and trucking companies: Insurance companies have quick response teams posted around the country that are able to get to the scene of a truck accident within hours to gather evidence. It takes a powerful plaintiffs’ law firm to counter their efforts.
- Involve compliance with state and federal regulations: Our attorneys are familiar with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and California Department of Transportation regulations that govern everything from truck driver hours of service to safety equipment and markings. Lawyers who do not understand these requirements may miss opportunities to prove negligence or maximize compensation.
If you were seriously injured in an accident involving an 18 wheeler or other large truck, contact the personal injury attorneys of Stolpman, Krissman, Elber & Silver, LLP, to arrange a free consultation about your truck accident case.
Los Angeles Large Truck and Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
For a Free Consultation Call (562) 435-8300
From offices in Long Beach, our lawyers represent clients in the Los Angeles area and throughout Southern California, including those injured in accidents on the Grapevine, Cajon Pass, U.S. 101, 60 Freeway and 1-5, I-10, 1-9 I, I-405, I-110, 1-105, [-210, 1-15 and 1-215.
FAQs About Truck Accidents
- What is a “commercial truck”?
- What are the most common causes of accidents involving commercial trucks and automobiles?
- Are commercial truck drivers required to have a special drivers license?
- Are there limits on the amount of time that a commercial truck driver can spend on the road?
- If I am injured in a truck accident, who can I sue?
- I was injured in a crash where a truck driver was at fault. What kind of damages can I recover?
- What is an underride accident?
- What are some unique features of trucks that contribute to the severe nature of many truck accidents?
- If I am partially at fault for the accident, can I still recover compensation?