Joel Krissman has dedicated his practice to representing workers and consumers seriously injured or killed as a result of industrial accidents, business negligence, and unsafe products. Each case is prepared and litigated with the proper investigation and expert consultation required to present the client’s full story and damages to a judge and jury. As a result of meticulous preparation and experience involving decades of trial practice, Joel has obtained many multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts. However, Joel believes that each case he handles requires the same level of attorney commitment and client communication, whether that case is “big” or the damages are more modest. “When a client trusts us with his or her case, we understand that must be as important to us, their advocate, as it is to the client.”
In addition to his civil trial experience, Joel has served the trial bar as a member of the Board of Governors for the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles for many years achieving “Emeritus” life standing. Joel has been appointed to act as a Los Angeles Superior Court settlement officer and mediator and as an arbitrator in private party arbitrations and mediations.
In a continuing commitment to maintaining a high level of education and excellence for the civil trial bar, Joel has frequently lectured at Bar association conventions and meetings and has also had numerous articles published in The Advocate, The Forum, and monthly legal magazines.
Joel graduated UCLA with a BA in Political Science and attended law school at the University of San Diego, graduating with a J.D. in 1973 and was admitted to the California Bar that same year and the U.S. Central District court in 1974.
Employment and Experience
1986 – Present
- Partner – Stolpman, Krissman, Elber & Silver LLP
- Focused on third-party industrial accidents and serious personal injury matters representing consumers, injured workers, and accident victims.
1973 – 1986
- Associate and Partner – Silber, Benezra & Taslitz which became Pappy, Israel, Benezra & Krissman
- Served as Arbitrator in Kaiser medical malpractice case.
- Served as Court’s Settlement Officer in Santa Monica Superior Court, Torrance Superior Court, and Long Beach Superior Court
1974 – 1978
- Appointed by Los Angeles Superior Court to represent indigent defendants in criminal cases.
Honors & Professional Recognition
- Trial Lawyer Of The Year, 1994 – Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Southern California Lawyer Of The Year awarded by O’Brien Verdictum Juris and O’Brien Evaluator
- Named California Super Lawyer for 2004 – 2011 by Los Angeles Magazine and Law and Politics Publishing Magazine as distributed by the Los Angeles Times
- Named “Best Lawyers in America,” Ninth Edition
- Rated “AV” – highest legal rating in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directiory
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles – Board of Governors and Emeritus Board Member
- Los Angeles County Bar
- Long Beach Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Areas of Practice:
- Products Liability
- Maritime Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- California, 1973
- U.S.Federal Court, 1974
- U.S.Supreme Court, 1974
University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, 1973; J.D.
University of California, Los Angeles, California, 1970; B.A.; Honors: Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California Trial Lawyers Member
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers
- Board of Governors
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Phone: (562) 548-7515
Fax: (562) 912-2657